9.05.2007

Too long between blogs!

My wonderful chika Mom on a Mission and I had a delightful time having some wonderful *i c e * c r e a m * last Wednesday and I've been meaning to shout out to her.

Another blog I read all the time Superhero Journal had something that hit me square on tonight. What Scares You?

I read it and thought - yeah - well lots of things scare me! In terms of the world as I was driving home tonight I heard Terry Gross interview of Pulitzer Prize winner Charlie Savage whose new book describes how the Bush-Cheney administration has expanded executive power.

It is scary to me what Bush and Chenney have done to our system of government. What leaves me most frightened, Mr. Savage specifically raises: The US government can arrest anyone, decide they are an enemy combatant, hold them in prison, never charge them and give them no trial. Pretty scary.Hear the interview here.

Other items that scare me - for another blog.

No comments: